Monday, April 21, 2014

Brain Gym




At our spring conference, I was introduced to some brain gym activities.  Today, I tried one of them with my students!   They asked many questions on what we were doing and why we were doing them.  The activities and questions tied in perfectly with what we have been learning about: the brain!  Brain gym is to help or improve a students:
  • Concentration and Focus
  • Memory
  • Academics: reading, writing, math, test taking
  • Physical coordination
  • Relationships
  • Self-responsibility
  • Organization skills
  • Attitude
I introduced my class to the Lazy Eights before we started our writing!  The kids enjoyed the activity.  Some said that..."this is easy,"  some said "this is hard!"  
Lazy Eights

2 comments:

  1. What did the students think after they were done? Did they enjoy it? Do you think you'll do this again? I'm looking forward to doing a few things I picked up from conference when I get back to my 2nd graders in a few weeks. Great you were able to try this with your kiddos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids liked trying something new. I will keep trying new things with them!!

    ReplyDelete