Sunday, March 9, 2014

Inspired

After thinking of a title for my blog, I was inspired by a book called "Third Grade Angels" by Jerry Spinelli.  This is a book both my students and I enjoy as a READ ALOUD.  The main character in the book, George, Aka "Suds" has just entered third grade.  He has heard the rhyme of 1st grade babies, 2nd grade cats, and now wants to become a 3rd grade angel.  It is fun to listen and learn how the class and Suds try to earn a halo to become that 3rd grade angel.   It is amazing to watch and see how the book influences some of the kids in my class to to act the same way as Subs!  (Great Read Aloud for Third Grade!) Third Grade Angels

2 comments:

  1. I've never read this book. I bet the kids are inspired and want to do the same things as Suds does to be an angel.

    I love the look of you blog...makes me want warm weather to enjoy the outdoors and bike rides/walks with the kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very cute design you've put together. Speaking of read alouds I'm just finishing The Marvelous Journey of Edward Tulane and the students really liked it. There was a lot of great discussion going on!

    ReplyDelete