Tuesday, October 21, 2014

End of the Day Jar

End of the Day Jar- Questions Cards for Community Building
Reflecting on Our Day
 Here is something I found on Teacher Pay Teachers that I started using with my class. The End of the Day Jar is a great way to finish up the day with community circle. Have students join you at your group space. You can pull out a card or have a student read the card. There are several ways to respond. You can call on students, have the student that chose the card respond or have students buddy talk and share.

Here is sample of some of the questions that are found in the jar:

  • What is one thing you learned today?
  • Did you do something kind for someone else today?
  • Did anyone do something nice for you today?
  • Did you give your best effort on your work today?  Why or why not?
  • What are your goals for tomorrow?
  • Share something about your day?
  • What can you do tomorrow to be a better student?
  • Name an adjective that would describe your day.
It is something to try with your class!  My kids are loving it!  I feel it is a good way to reflect on our day!

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the idea. I'm always looking for ways to end my day. Thanks for the resource!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! Sometimes our last 10 minutes of the day get so chaotic. I might use some of these in those last 3-4 before announcements to bring everyone back for a moment or two to reflect on the current day or the days to come. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete