Wednesday, November 5, 2014

GoNoodle...Brilliant Brain Breaks for the Busy Classroom





GoNoodle has given me a one stop shop for brain breaks that my third graders so desperately need in our classroom.

There is...                       No special equipment or setup.
All you need is a computer and a screen 
the whole class can see. You don’t 
even have to upload student data.

Zero prep.
Log in, click play, and give your students a break. 
Move along with them or take a minute 
to transition to your next teaching task.

Tons of content.
Run, jump, stretch, dance to get your students active, 
or calm them down with deep breathing exercises.

Based in science.
Release endorphins and get the blood flowing.
 It's scientifically proven to improve mood and cognition.


We think the best part about GoNoodles is growing our Classroom Champ. It's a feature where we get to choose an avatar, and each time we log physical activity time our class critter grows bigger!
You can only imagine the whoops and hollers that occur when our Champ exits the Transmogrifier. They love the challenge!


Here are few examples:
They will make you laugh too...Wiggle It, then let me know what you think! 
Are you ready to GoNoodle? Visit their website {here} 
to get started for FREE.

Your kids will thank you too for using your Noodle...

7 comments:

  1. I've heard good things from this site from the teachers use it in our district. Is it geared more to the elementary level?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say that it would depend on the class in the upper grades. Some of the activities are very primary but others are great to use with the upper elementary to get them moving and singing along.

      Delete
  2. Love this website! I have it all ready to go and need to use it more. Thanks for bringing it back to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our days are busy! I know though that using it does help my kids!

      Delete
  3. What a great share! I am going to get all set up and can't wait to give it a try next week. I can just imagine my students' excitement to make our avatar grow. All they will want to do is dance :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Chillax" has now become a regular everyday word in our classroom. We LOVE that video from Koo Koo Kangaroo..... and the word :) My class is so glad you shared this with their teacher! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are enjoying it! My kids ask for it everyday! It is a great way to give them a brain break and get up and move:)

      Delete